Anna Area Historical Preservation Society is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.
How it all began
On a cold day, February 12, 2004, ten area “girls” gathered around the wood burning stove in the Sherley Brother’s Hardware Store in Anna, Texas.
Built in 1889, the hardware store is part of a large two story red brick building that houses the hardware store on the first floor and a funeral home and embalming room on the second floor. Connected to the north side of the brick building is a large wooden structure with barn like doors on the east and west ends. The wood structure still houses two hearses, one horse drawn, and a 1924 Lincoln auto.
The ten ladies were talking, laughing and remembering their youth. In the process they noted that places, names, and events that should be recorded for the future. The ten ladies were:
Jan Miller Linda O’Neal Sue Chandler Sue O’Neal Quincy Rollins Laura Collins Saundra Griffin Kathy Sherley Judy Harlow* Dana Adams
* Sadly, Judy passed away May 27th 2018.She will be greatly missed.
Officers were elected.
Jan Miller, President – Linda O’neal, Vice President – Dana Adams, Secretary & Treasurer
We are dedicated to preserving the heritage and history of Anna, Texas and the surrounding area.